I know, it's January and I'm just getting around to posting data about October home and condo sales in DC. Blame the delay on two things: DC didn't post the data until December and the holidays got in the way.
Unlike the MRIS data I've been posting, my analysis includes sales of new and existing homes and condos in DC. Since I'm using data posted by the city, understand that the chances for error do exist although I've done my best to clean and correct the data [one house in zip code 20011 was recorded as having been sold for more than $56M; I think not].
Among the new units with sales recorded in October are:
- 1133 14th St NW (Alta at Thomas Circle): 26 units
- 2425 L St NW (Columbia Residences): 35 units
- 1413 P St NW (Cooper Lewis): 3 units
- 1125 12th St NW: 5 units
- 2120 Vermont NW (Rhapsody): 10 units
- 4101 Albemarle St NW (Cityline): 3 units
- 2501 Wisconsin NW (Georgetown Heights): 5 units
- 1451 Belmont St NW (Fedora) : 7 units
- 2750 14th St NW (Lofts of Columbia Heights): 6 units
- 1438 Columbia Rd NW (Piedmont): 6 units
- 1348 Euclid St NW (Verona Parc): 9 units
- 3900 D St SE: 5 units
- 2850 Hartford St SE (Hartford Square): 4 units
- 2472 Alabama Ave SE: 12 units
Highlights of October 2006 sales compared to October 2005:
All metrics are lower YoY, in line with MRIS' data. Condos maintain their 50%+ share of the DC housing market.
Detailed home and condo sales data
City-wide average and median sales prices and sales volume by zipcode:
City-wide average and median sales prices and sales volume by type of housing by zipcode: