OK. I've closed on the house, the floors have been redone, and hopefully the rest of the interior touch up will be completed by the end of next week. And let me tell you, preparing for the PMP test isn't a walk in Logan Circle, either.
MRIS released May's data for sales of existing homes in the District yesterday. Key points [YoY]:
- Dollar volume collapsed, down 21.3%
- Average price is down 13.34%, median is down 10.24%
- Unit sales volume [aggregate] down 9.19%
- Home unit sales eked a small gain, up 2.67%
- Condo unit sales tanked, down 20.66%
Sales prices were 91.4% of list, about the same as April. Based on my recent experience, without having access to real MRIS data there's no way to tell how omitting seller subsidies would affect this statistic, i.e., it could be much lower, ditto average/median sales price. At May's sales rate, the condo market has a 8.1 month supply listed for sale, homes 7.2 months.